Sunday, August 12, 2012

SNAX: KORNER CAFE

There is a hair salon in Inglewood called Klassy Kuts. It's right next door to Leonard Cohen's legal service. For some reason, those Ks-where-Cs-should-be have always amused me. My dad (who lives near Inglewood and is a big Leonard Cohen fan) always said 'small minds are easily amused'. Usually he would say this when my brother and I were teasing him from the backseat about a conspiracy we made up, the crux of which was that Dad was actually a cat who morphed into a human whenever anyone was looking. We would taunt him about it until he would give up and say 'yes kids, I'm a cat', in the hope that we'd get bored, at which point we'd erupt into cries of 'HE ADMITS IT!'.

There is a cafe in Perth called Korner Cafe. It's right near Dada records, but on Hay Street. For some reason, only the 'Korner' in Korner Cafe has swapped it's traditional C for a K. It's still amusing enough. They also do really really great Veggie Pad Thai for $8.95. Strongly recommended. 

- Tine

KORNER CAFE
546 HAY ST, PERTH
93253787

ADDENDUM: It has recently come to my attention that Korner Cafe have forsaken their klassy ways and opted for a curvy old C. Fortunately it has had no obvious effect on the quality of the Pad Thai.


For archaeological purposes, I present the following picture:







No comments:

Post a Comment